Monday, January 5, 2009

Letter to Turtle Island, makers of Tofurky

In keeping with my resolution to write more letters telling manufacturers why I've switched to or away from their products, I sent e-mail to Turtle Island earlier about the packaging Tofurky slices come in.

I was pleased to see that Tofurky slices come in boxes marked "100% Recycled Paperboard". I've been trying to change my diet so that I buy boxed foods only if the boxes are made of recycled materials, and it's proving to be quite a challenge. Ideally, I'd like to buy products packaged in materials that were recycled post-consumer, so could you please tell me what percentage of the paperboard in your boxes is post-consumer recycled?

I'd also appreciate information on the plastic used for the inner packaging. What type of plastic is it?

I look forward to reading your reply.

No comments: