Saturday, March 7, 2009

Items collected Saturday, March 7, 2009

Recyclables:
  • several sheets of newspaper

Trash:
  • 1 polystyrene clamshell container

The newspaper sheets all came from the Wall Street Journal, and the person who had been reading it did substantial underlining and notetaking in the "Biggest 1,000 Stocks" section. My fantasy is to be the kind of computer hacker who could find out who owns the underlined stocks so I could track the person down and give him or her a lecture on littering.

Until recently, I mostly ignored newspapers I saw on the street, reasoning that they were biodegradable. However, I realized that it made little sense to expend lots of effort on recycling paper I had used myself, sometimes carrying it for miles to drop it in a bin, while ignoring other people's abandoned papers.

No comments: